Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. We collect and use personal information in order to provide our customers with a broad range of financial and technology products and services as effectively and conveniently as possible.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
How we collect and use information
We may collect Personal Information from individuals from the following sources:
- Information such as their name, social insurance number, address and date of birth which we receive from them;
- Information about their financial or service transactions with us, our affiliates, or others which we receive from them on applications or other forms submitted to us or our affiliates;
- Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties, including consumer reporting agencies;
- Information we derive from their access to and use of this site through software information collecting tools like cookies and similar technologies or otherwise, such as their Internet browser, domain name and referring link (NOTE: it is possible to browse our site without providing us any personal information. You can also set your browser security settings to reject cookies; however, in doing so you may not be able to take full advantage of this site’s functionality); and
- Information we receive from them voluntarily, such as their e-mail address and any information contained in their e-mail messages, which will be used by us to respond to their inquiries.
Professional Services Call Centre
Valeyo operates a professional services customer support call centre to accept and address your questions, concerns, or complaints. When you contact our call centres, we may ask for personal information to help us respond to your inquiry or to verify your identity. We may also monitor or record your telephone discussions with our staff for training purposes and to ensure service quality. If you do not want your call to be monitored and recorded, please let us know and we will provide you with an alternative means of communicating with us.
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to provide you with other products or services you may request.
How we disclose information and to whom
Access to information is limited to CRI Canada Ltd. and Selient Inc., d.b.a. Valeyo (“Valeyo” or “We” or “Us”) and its affiliates, and to their respective employees, agents, and contractors who have a business reason to access the applicable information, to persons to whom they have granted access, and to persons authorized by law. Our affiliates, agents and contractors may be located outside Canada, and are subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are located.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy or erase your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
Sale or transfer of all or part of Valeyo
How to contact Valeyo
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please read the Important Reminder below)
Mail: Valeyo Privacy Office
Attention: General Counsel
1400 – 2025 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5C 0J3
We will respond to your request or investigate your concern as quickly as we can, but no later than 30 days from the date of receipt of your query.
Important reminder about privacy and security
Please remember that email sent over the public Internet is not secure. If you send an email directly to us from your own email account the contents will not be encrypted. We strongly recommend that you do not send sensitive information (like a credit card number) to us via unencrypted email. Valeyo is not responsible for any transmission by you of any personal information over the public Internet.
We cannot promise that your use of the Site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the internet, to protect your personal information and to know your rights regarding privacy.
To learn more about protecting your privacy online, we encourage you to visit the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada:
Last update: June 2020